CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

22 February 2009

Restarting...again....I know...

...I'm lame. After the 'catastrophe' of last weekend, I allowed myself a week to wallow. Silly wallowing, selfish wallowing, destructive wallowing. I've hated every moment of it, yet it was just so...easy.

Here's the thing: it wasn't really a catastrophe. It was startling, it was a little wake up call, it was a reminder that I might not be able to be completely comfortable after all, that there's always a chance I have to put up or shut up and get the hell out. And to prepare for that, both physically and emotionally and financially.

But I've realized it could be worse. It could be SO much worse, this little life of mine. Yes, I am a lonely housewife. Yes, I took the easy road too many times and didn't end up at the destination I wanted in life. Yes, my daughter is not a perfect angel genius. Yes, my husband has demons and issues and there are things that we should get over that we can't get over.

I need to stop whining now, don't I?

Pressing the restart button. Again.

1 comment:

  1. Cherish the opportunity for chance to have a 'do-over'

    Every time we get to redo something
    We improve
    Our work
    or
    Our life

    Embrace the chance for a do-over

    ReplyDelete