CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

08 February 2009

Here Comes Week 3

Wow. Well, that was certainly depressing to read, isn't it? After rereading my post from yesterday, I felt like I'd been kicked in the gut, seeing my sick perspective all laid out like that. I've decided I need to at least try. I do love my daughter, I do. And I do think she's a cool kid; she's funny and has a great memory for odd little bits of information (like her mom), looks at every angle of every situation (like her dad), is really athletic and pretty. I can accept her for whom she is (who she is? I know the who/whom rule, but then I overthink it and get all bolloxed up on it) and cheer her on for everything she does.

But I really probably ought to figure out why so many of the things she does irritate me so much.

Come to think of it, everything irritates me lately. I feel like George Costanza on that episode where he was trying to get out of doing anything by walking around at work acting all pissed off all the time. What is that? I'm just so....pissy.

I get pissy when the wiener dog want to jump up on the sofa and sit on my lap, even thought I love snuggling with him.

I get pissy when the husband leaves a glass on the counter that has a puddle of milk in the bottom, even though the rest of the counter is covered in all my detritus from the day.

I get pissy when the phone rings; I don't want to talk to anyone, that's just too much effort, even though I'm lonely. Conversely, I get pissy when I call someone and they don't answer, even though I very rarely answer my own phone, even when it's someone I really want to talk to. Just too much effort.

I get pissy when I try to find something in the laundry room, which is a certifiable disaster area. MY disaster.

etc...
etc...
etc...

Am I a bitch? Maybe. I think it's just pissiness. Or PissiNess. Hormones? Probably. My face is looking like the astrological map lately, my boobs feel bruised all the time (sorry for the TMI), so the annoying woman-issues could be doing it. Depression? Yeah, pretty sure.

I'm good at reading. I'm good at reading self-help books and getting all excited and doing the whole "Yes I CAN!!!" cheer...for a few days or weeks or months. It's the doing of the needed behaviours that is hard for me. But I try. Then...meh...things start to get all dim and dreary and pissy again. It's just so hard to be a good person sometimes. I have maintenance issues. Meds don't work on me, they make me worse and/or ill.

Okay. So, here's my little plan. I'm going to keep up with the exercise thing. I'm going to increase it to four days a week this week. Exercise helps; it's that whole endorphin release stuff. New research has also shown that smoking makes PMS worse and makes depression worse (My GOD, are they EVER going to find something GOOD about smoking, please? Just one little thing, maybe, to make me feel better about being absolutely besotted with cigarettes and nicotine?), so being off of those might help with the cheerfulness.

I don't like being pissy. It's easy, it's convenient, it gives me a sick sense of power. I don't like it. I don't want to be pissy; I grew up with a pissy mum (I know, she's all cheery now, but she's had some revelations of her own over the last 20 years) and hated how that felt. I don't want that for G, and I'm pretty sure I'm much worse than my mom ever was. So I will be present; that's it. Just present. I will enjoy--no, I will experience just this one moment. I will do my best not to knee-jerk react.
Here comes week 3. Every little moment of it.

3 comments:

  1. Pissiness or Pissinessa.

    It doesn't really matter. Ether way it's you. Right now.

    The serious problem is when someone gets pissy about being pissy.

    This may, or may not, be related to the last blog. Hard to tell, other than there is at least one BIG bur under your saddle. It's becoming a festering canker where far less than a rash should be.

    The unbecoming issue is how this prevents everyone (you, hubby, daughter, friends, family, etc) from enjoying the true Nessa.

    Yes, even you. We all have the right an privilege of enjoying ourself. Who spends more time with you than you do?

    Your bright and energetic spirit is overshadowed by this mist or veil of pissinessa.

    (You could just send me this in a message and skip all the public display and possible repercussions.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. I decided to go public with this in order to get lots of different feedback and views on What Is Wrong With Me, and if it's even as bad as I think it is, or is it worse? I dearly appreciate your input, Pea. (If YOU feel better about it, you may email me privately, that's ok too).
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to freak you out, but I think you wanna nip pissiNess in the bud around G. My wife still has dreams about her mom acting freakish. That sweet little old lady who adores me??? She seems fine to me, but even our female cat hisses at her. And I don't need to remind you about my blossom of a mother.

    Wife has similar lapses from sanity as her mom. Hard to tell if it's genetic or learned, but either way I know you don't want G to be afraid of her momma.

    She might move to wisconsin and never speak to you again...

    ReplyDelete