CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10 February 2009

Week 3 Am I Supposed to be This Tired?

Bleehhhhhh....Ugh. I thought going to the gym and eating right and not smoking were all supposed to magically make me feel BETTER. I allowed myself to rut for a couple of days, reading blogs, manically spitting out some crap to try to end my book, letting the laundry overflow and the bunny turds build up in the boxes. I deserved a break, right? I went to the gym three whole times last week! Come on! I should get a medal! I cleaned the whole house! Do I get a Kit Kat now?

So today I resolutely jumped out of bed (okay, not really. I'm soooo not a morning person. I ooze out of bed, squinting and wincing and turning off the lights in the rooms before I go into them. Then I sit on the futon next to the kid and watch Curious George with a cup of coffee that I wish was connected via IV to my carotid artery. No jumping.), washed my face and brushed my hair, made the kid breakfast and got her off to school WITHOUT YELLING ONCE, thank you very much, put on my sweats and tennies and folded a load of laundry and did the dishes and went to the gym. Movin' and shakin', that's me.

Now I'm beat. I was up too late last night, which usually happens after a good writers' group meeting. Great people in that group. They're all so supportive and positive about this silly little novel I'm writing, even though right now I'm writing crap. Anyway, I came home and did some emails for the group so I wouldn't forget to do them, then had to sit and drink a glass of wine and dissect EVERY critique from the group. Except for the one from the little religious lady whose only critique for me is that I shouldn't swear. I don't swear, my character does. It's a character flaw. In the character. So I was up too late. I'm sleeeepy today.

I need to go downtown for some errands, but I just don't know if it's gonna happen. I should tho. Fairly important errands; errands that a person who is trying to improve themselves wouldn't put off. Is this my week for working on my procrastination? Wait, I thought this was the week of Being Present.

Ok, then. Presently, I am going to sit my ass on the couch and read a book before picking up the girl from school.
I'll go downtown tomorrow.
And I'll experience and appreciate every moment of it.

6 comments:

  1. Don't swear?

    I didn't give that lady a copy of my story, I didn't want to see the lack of comprehension.

    This comment tries to be clever, but doesn't quite make it. So, by internet standards, it's a little above average. C+?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you manage to slip one by her? She's such a nice lady, but, yeah: not getting it, is she?

    Ok, I don't swear as much as Kim does. Mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without yelling? Not once? Great!!

    Now,

    about that tone....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, she's not getting my story either... (Sara is definitely not marrying Brad!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get my message??? (And now you will have 5 comments.)

    You are beautiful and skinny and looked HOTTTT in those jeans today. Geez, I almost wanted to sleep with ya.

    And you do too swear. Constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which one? did you call? I have to go find my phone...

    And thanks, yes, I did look rawther warm in those jeans, didn't I?

    Can't wait to see you Monday!

    ReplyDelete